This is NOT my Day 5 post for Knitting and Crochet Blog Week, organized by the adorable Eskimimi. This is a little roundup of some of the Day 5 posts I’ve seen from other bloggers that have captured my attention!
In no particular order — and not a complete list by any means! (Especially incomplete as it’s not yet 10:15 AM…)
- The exquisite Laylock has done it again, this time with a series of animated gifs (I swear, I didn’t try to steal her idea) detailing her favourite cast-on, knit stitch, purl stitch, and bind-off methods.
- Stitched Together has committed to making a shawl. Not just any shawl, but a randomly-striped shawl based on blog comments, and ultimately shipped to a winning commenter.
- Hoxton Handmade has offered 10 awesome knitting tips.
- A Pile of Sheep made a “Which Yarn Are You?” flow chart that is utterly brilliant. (I swear, the fact that it told me I am MadTosh Vintage has nothing to do with how brilliant I think it is. Really.)
- Sanday Spinners wrote a cryptic poem with some wicked wordplay.
- Big Knitting Trouble shared a French music video in which the chanteuse gets gradually enveloped (or overtaken) by yarn that knits itself onto her.
Go have a google for today’s unique tag (3kcbwday5) to see LOTS more of the creativity that’s flowing. And, while you’re at it, go nominate your favourite post here!